May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Romans 15:13

Sunday, March 14, 2010

making my schedule...

so this week i officially changed my major...for the 4th time, yes go ahead and laugh its okay.
my new major: vocal / choral music education! woooot!
the point of telling you this is so you understand why I'm planning the way i am...

i was making my schedule the past few days for next fall and as i was picking class times and teachers; and i finally have it figured out i think, including my first night class. and i started to think what about work, what about the source, I wonder if we can switch bible study night, and when I'm going to eat lunch and I wonder when everyone else will eat lunch, blah blah blah. as i planned whether or not if i would take weight lifting, so that i can have a stable schedule...and a reason to get up on Tuesday and Thursdays. and thinking about master class and time for practicing my music and spending time on my homework. when I'll get to do RA duty and see my mom, go home, ect...

Did you feel as if anything was missing?after thinking about it, i noticed it. There was not even a thought about daily time with God. I was so caught up in becoming and education major, and finding the best and easiest teachers, and time for my mom, Ra duty, work, and homework...like you read. Yes there was a thought for the source and bible study but that's not my personal time with God.

i think my focus this week will to be on learning how to make him the first thing i do in my day and not having to fit him in my schedule...my schedule will work around God! that is for sure...it just takes discipline and i want to make sure it becomes a consistent thing! and we shouldn't have to "fit" him in...he should be the first thing we WANT to do! i do desire that time with him, its just the excuses on a daily basis that i make to not do it. but enough is enough. I'm doing it!
I'll blog later as to how that goes. please pray for me as i try to do this, and i will pray that you try to do the same...stop making god a daily scheduled have too, but a daily desire.

have a great rest of your Sunday!
blessings,
Em

3 comments:

  1. Girl, you are not alone. I am the same way. It is a sad feeling when you sit down to spend time with the Lord and you can not remember that last time you did that. I will be praying for you and I hope that you will pray for me too. Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A resent conviction of mine too! I sat down last week sometime to read and I looked in my journal and the last time I hada meaningful time with the Father had been well over a week back! Ugh...gets you in the gut! Where is my source of strength is if my food is not there? If I can't physically get through a week without eating then why on earth do I neglect to feed me spiritually? I know what you mean! This has been a crazy year so far! I get the time issue! A way I find helpful is to eat physically and spiritually at the same time! I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mama continues to struggle with that discipline. So important to spend time enhancing my relationship w/ my Lord yet so much stuff comes 1st. It's a defeating feeling; but that's the way satan wants us to feel; he has the victory then. Interestingly enough, I committed that beginning last Monday morning I would determine to get up earlier to spend time in the Word with my Lord. Missed one day; no pride taken here; I just keep praying about it & making the plan. Paul said in the NT that he does things he doesn't want to do & doesn't do things he wants to do. It's the constant spiritual battle we'll have living in this world. I love you & will pray for you in this discipline. Mama

    ReplyDelete