May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Romans 15:13

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

i am blessed.

well good morning all...well i guess it is now good afternoon....
oh what a few days it has been! so crazy and emotional. but through it all i can see God's provision. and what an amazing thing that is to me. i am so blessed to have that because if i didn't i think i would be more upset than i am. yes, i am sad please don't mistake that but i am so thankful for God protecting my heart! I am also grateful for all of my friends and their watchful eyes through this too. they have had nothing but my best interest at heart and they have said all things in a caring way. i can just feel the Lord preparing me for something big and I cant wait for whatever it is that may be!
I sent off the majority of my support letters last night! we worked on them for over 6 hours! crazzzyyy!!!! we are going to finish the rest sometime this week. but wow! what an amazing God he is to provide all of those friends! A special thanks to Beth and Stefan for the blessings of last night from the ink and the paper to envelops and to the stamps! wow! and you can't forget dinner, homemade pizza! yuumm! such a huge blessing. and another thank you to Jessica and Anna and Tanner for helping! what amazing friends i have been given! you are all a huge gift from god!
as i sit here writing listening to my 2 John play list I'm thinking of our bible study last night, and while we may have gotten off on some tangents in was tangents focused on the Lord. and one thing that i just keep remembering is...am i allowing him to be enough?! am i allowing God to be all I need and want in my life? Reality probably not, but I want to be able to say yes to that! I want him to be all i ever need! and for those of you who want to know what i frantically wrote in my journal last night during our bible study, it was "i have god" because above all else, i have him! i have him when i don't have a new shirt, a pet, a boyfriend, anything. I have God! I have him above anything else, and that is to often forgotten in my life. I want him to allow him to be enough and all i will ever need!
Ive been privileged enough to get to know a young lady named Hayley...who just might be reading this. but i have to say we were talking about her last night and i am very excited to be meeting her soon! and i can already tell that she will be a huge blessing to us and our campus! PS...GOOD LUCK AT NATIONALS HAYLEY!!!!

DJ and i are having some sibling bonding time....he's reading our book for leadership and well I'm typing this...see bonding ;) i really am blessed to have a brother like him. and well all of the other brothers in my life. i am so blessed! i know i have probably said that a million times, but i am! they are such huge gifts from God! ah! i want to say I'm blessed, but you're probably tired of hearing it....but i don't care....I AM BLESSED!

i hope today you get some sort of encouragement from the surroundings in your life...whether that is from a friend, a stranger, a relative, nature, a song....something! be encouraged, and reminded how blessed you are!!!

have a blessed day!
Em

PS...I am currently listening to "walk on water" Brit Nicole....GO LISTEN!

-------------------------------------
dictionary.com says....

BLESSED
–adjective
1.
consecrated; sacred; holy; sanctified: the Blessed Sacrament.
2.
worthy of adoration, reverence, or worship: the Blessed Trinity.
3.
divinely or supremely favored; fortunate: to be blessed with a strong, healthy body; blessed with an ability to find friends.
4.
blissfully happy or contented.
5.
bringing happiness and thankfulness: the blessed assurance of a steady income.



:)

2 comments:

  1. I like the fourth definition: "blissfully happy or contented". Isn't that the truth? When you really realize how blessed you are you don't just know it anymore but you feel it and it such a blissfully happy feeling! :) Thank you God! Emiley, thank you for the reminder that no matter what we have God and He is ENOUGH and no matter what we have so much to be grateful for because we truly are blessed. That just brings such a smile to my face right now. I love you girl...I am blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, SO didn't know you had a blog!

    ReplyDelete