May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Romans 15:13

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

its almost weird.

its kind of surreal.

in 10 days and some odd hours and minutes and seconds...i will be on my way to denver for our briefing and then off to Abidjan we go.

mom and i went shopping today for all the detail stuff like sunscreen, medicines, shampoo, deodorant, ect... but i can now say except for one more thing i am ready to go. i've got my bags...including a new vera bradely bag!! ;) and i've got all the materialistic items i need so i guess whats left, is to go.

i was talking to a very good friend from indiana tonight and was kind of saying the same thing to him... we were talking about the rest is yet to come...for when i get there. i just have to have patience, peace, faith, and trust...that the Lord will take care of me and provide all I need while I'm there.

its really weird how much peace i have about going. i know im nervous, but im not that nervous. im more nervous for the unknown but its not a bad nervous...more of a excited nervous. I am very grateful for the peace I have, and i know it is all from the Lord! he is such an awesome God, and i am so blessed to be able to go and do his work!

i will leave you with this...

"Faith that you will have fun,

Wisdom says that you should be safe,

and

Trust in the people taking you there."

- Tanner Brooks.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh that Tanner Brooks is a wise one! ;) haha oooh Emiley-what left is there to say except have fun! :) I feel like in the past five months we have talked and talked this over and we have prayed and prayed about this trip and there is just nothing left to say except that..have fun! I will be praying for you and awaiting a blog or a fbook status update or soemthing to let me know you are safe and sound. :) love you love you love you!

    ReplyDelete