May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Romans 15:13

Thursday, May 20, 2010

15 days and counting

well just a few more days and the day will be here. the day i leave for Africa. i can't believe it. thats crazy to even think about...i am going to Africa...i am going to Africa. i am going to Africa. thats so unreal to me, even still this close to leaving.
as i said my goodbyes to my friends at school it didnt really feel like i was leaving for summer which meant leaving for Africa. it just felt as if we were saying bye for like a week...it didn't feel the same as it normally did. someone said bye and gave me a hug...and said have an amazing trip..and i was like..what? ...it took me a minute...but i got it...that was the last time i would see them before i left and i was really leaving. i kind of feel jipped almost in my goodbyes from school...i dont know how to explain it but i just want another chance almost. I didn't really get to say what i wanted and to do what i wanted...i miss them all already. i didn't get to tell them all i love them, but i hope they already know that. As my mom is preparing for me to leave it makes me wonder what her life will be like when im not here, i wonder what Meagan's will be like...but i think it will be normal. i think it will all be normal. life will go on. we might sell the house, and we might move. but for me. my life will not be normal. for the first time i will be going so far out of my comfort zone and doing things i've never done before. and each day i feel the Lord preparing my heart more and more for this amazing journey. but i dont think anything will ever fully prepare me for this. its going to be one crazy ride.

my mom is throwing me a going away party...that just blows my mind. a party just for me. and its not my birthday. i have the greatest friends and family ever. they are such a huge part of my life, i wouldn't be where i am with out them. i am so blessed to have them in my life.

please continue praying for me but more importantly our team as we prepare as a team to go and do the Lords work. and even more for the people and their hearts. that they would be open to us and to the God's word!

i really do love you, all.

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH!!! AFRICA! wow, that is insane! I can't believe you are leaving either Em. And when I say goodbye to you on Saturday it is really goodbye...wow. You are so blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete