May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Romans 15:13

Monday, February 22, 2010

here we go...

Well this is my first one and I'm not exactly what to write about so I'm just going to start...I think this might actually be fun.

Soo anyway I'm sitting here in the library at Lindenwood while Jess is in class. See I'm done for the day and I had this brilliant idea that I could nap while she is in her last class but for some reason all of the couches are full today. Why can't people just get up and leave?! I want to nap! Oh, well. I guess no nap for me.

Anyway I have a ton of stuff going on this week but its all good stuff like tomorrow night I'm staying up all night with my "family" because we don't have class on Wednesday so we are going to go bowling and go to Beth and Stefan's for a while afterwards to play games and eat food. Yum! I'm stoked! And before that is the LU goes red and blue concert. KH is playing, and you know I'm their favorite fan! woot!

Anyway so this guy that was just sitting next to me really didn't smell all that delightful and typically this is where I would say "I appreciate people who shower" but it wasn't because he didn't shower...it was because he reeked of smoke. People, people, people...it even says on the cigarette box that it can kill! Seriously! Com'on now! I don't appreciate you trying to kill me in the process of killing yourself! In the words of Stephanie Tanner, Full House, How rude!

Today is exactly 4 months until my 21st birthday...and I couldn't be more excited because in less than 4 months I'll be leaving for Africa!!! What an awesome birthday present! I couldn't think of a better one! I am so excited to be meeting the team and growing with everyone and sharing my faith! It will be a challenging but exciting summer. Please don't get me wrong. I'm scared, but I have so much peace about it, its ridiculous! haha Who knew I would ever have so much peace about going thousands of miles away for 6 weeks. It most definitely is a God thing! Without Him none of this would ever be possible! I send off my deposit soon and as soon as I do that is when it becomes so incredibly real. Kind of that "Wow!" moment. Like I know I've said yes to the trip but I'm putting money down, I'm signing my name. It's done kind of a thing.

Yeah know sometimes I just like to sit and think of all the many different blessings in my life, and some I'll never even recognize but I know they are there. I have some of the most amazing friends and family. I have no idea what my life would be with out them, and I pray to the Lord every day that I never have to know! I have gone through many struggles in my life but I think I finally see how they were blessings. They have made me who I am. And I pray everyday that who I am today is pleasing and honoring to the Lord. Yes there are some things that I would never ever want to repeat but I thank the Lord for the people who where there to help me walk through everything. I am a very blessed young lady. So to my friends and family that may read this, thank you for always being there and being by my side. You are a gift from God, that i treasure everyday!

Well I think that is enough for now...I'm going to try and hunt down a couch! I'm determined to find one! ;)

Em

Ps. Go read Psalm 100....let it be an encouragment to your day, like it was mine!

2 comments:

  1. Psalms 100 is the first Scripture I ever memorized. Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. I am proud of you. You too are a gift from the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so blessed to have you as a friend Em! :)

    ReplyDelete