May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Romans 15:13

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Canadian Thanksgiving

Tonight at 9pm we are gathering together as one family and celebrating a tradition we normally celebrate in November but this weekend it is the traditional holiday in Canada. So to bring home to America for a couple of our brothers we are having a thanksgiving feast! I'm really looking forward to it! It's going to be a lot of fun! (and not to worry I'm wearing my stretchy pants)

I took the day to myself today and ya know I really enjoyed it. It gave me sometime to do homework and just to have a day of peace. I did miss going to church this morning but I absolutely loved sitting out underneath a tree and marveling at God's wonderful creation. It is a gorgeous day today!

So I started a new book talking about grace and it has really got me thinking...when we become new Christians we understand grace as the most incredible gift ever...and as we grow we tend to forget that incredible gift and start doing things on our own..."earning" our own salvation. and it just really made me think and reevaluate my life and the way i live.
do i fully rely on God for EVERYTHING or am I trying to do it on my own?

i heard a song the other day and it just really spoke what I was feeling into words out loud...

You dwell in the songs that we are singing
Rising to the Heavens, rising to Your heart, Your heart
Our praises filling up the spaces
In between and frailty and everything You are
You are the keeper of my heart
And I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
Oh God, I wanna rest in You
Oh, speak now for my soul is listening
Say that You have saved me, whisper in the dark
'Cause I know You're more than my salvation
Without You I am hopeless, tell me who You are
You are the keeper of my heart
You are the keeper of my heart
And I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
I wanna rest in You
Still my heart hold me close
Let me hear a still small voice
Let it grow, let it rise
Into a shout, into a cry
Still my heart hold me close
Let me hear a still small voice
Let it grow, let it rise
Into a shout, into a cry
And I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, let me rest in You
I'm restless, so restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
Oh God, I will rest in You

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing the way the Lord works? This blog really reminds me of what was being said at the Source last night. :)And ps-the Canadian dinner was so fun!

    ReplyDelete